Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Delights

If you ever wondered who the world's greatest cookie maker is.....

It's my dad. I did not inherit his cookie making ability - mine never turn out as chewy and soft as I want them to. But then I found this amazingly wonderful cookie recipe...

I found this recipe while blog-stalking a friend of Natalie's. Her name is Stephanie and this cookie recipe is the most amazing thing I've ever found. To quote her post: "One thing I really love about this recipe is how beautifully consistent it is. The dough always looks and feels the same - and the finished product is the same every time. I really appreciate the dependability." Took the words right out of my mouth...which leaves room for another cookie. :)

INGREDIENTS

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves (I've never used this because I never have it)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 pkg chocoalte chips (or raisins, nuts, whatever....about 12 oz of something!)

DIRECTIONS

In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium high speed for thirty (30) seconds.

Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.

Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.

Beat in the flour. If it gets to be too much for the mixer, then stir it in by hand. (It seems like a lot - just go with it!)

Beat/stir in the rolled oats and chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes. Cool on the sheet for a minute or two, then transfer to a wire rack or waxed paper. ENJOY!!!
I usually get right at 4 dozen cookies from this recipe.
Oh, yummy....


Forgot to take a picture of the full bowl of dough. Oh, well. It's yummy either way!!

No comments: