Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Creamy Spinach Pasta

I couldn't think of a better name for this. It's yummy, a recipe that I got off a couple that invited us over for dinner.


INGREDIENTS

1 box (1 lb) rigatoni pasta

1 lb ground beef
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 small can tomato sauce (optional)
6-8 oz fresh spinach, stems removed
1 pkg cream cheese
Shredded cheese (I used cheddar/mont jack mix)


DIRECTIONS

Prepare pasta according to package directions.

Brown beef in skillet and drain fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce.

Mix pasta with sauce mixture. If pasta looks a little dry, stir in the extra tomato sauce. (I did!) Pour into greased casserole dish.

Drizzle medium skillet with oil. Saute spinach until it wilts. Drain slightly on paper towels and spread over pasta in the dish.

Pull cream cheese apart and dot all over the top of the casserole. I used about 1/2 the package, but Zac would have preferred I use the whole thing. Do what makes you happy! :)

Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, till cheese is browned.

No comments: