Sunday, November 30, 2008

Asian Stir Fry Sauce

I found this sauce recipe on the back of a bag of Great Value frozen stir fry veggies. And it's gooood and easy! We like asian flavors, so I use these ingredients a lot. If you have never made asian type foods, you should start! If you don't have some of these ingredients, buy the smallest container to try it out. I think you'll find that you like them and will use them frequently - and the shelf life is pretty good on them.


INGREDIENTS

2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp ground ginger (you can buy this in little jars; refrigerate after opening)
1 tsp sesame oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 tsp sugar (optional)
Pinch cayenne (optional)


DIRECTIONS

Mix all ingredients and saute with stir fry ingredients. I usually saute some chicken or other meat till cooked, then add some type of veggie and either pasta or rice. Toss it all with this sauce until heated through. If you make a big batch of stir fry, or if you like sauce, you can always double the recipe.


I know this is kind of a vague recipe, but it's so versatile! If you have rice, use rice. If you have pasta, use pasta. If my directions don't make sense or if I was too vague, ask questions! I love talking about my recipes!!

No comments: