Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Roasted asparagus

If you're looking for a new veggie, I have a recipe for you. I don't like soggy, boiled vegetables. I prefer steamed, grilled or sauteed veggies that have flavor and a little texture. When I planned our special Valentine's family dinner, I decided to serve asparagus on the side. Super easy, yummy recipe!


INGREDIENTS

Fresh asparagus
Olive oil
Minced garlic
Salt
Pepper


DIRECTIONS

Rinse and trim asparagus. (See note) Toss with olive oil and seasonings, to taste. Spread on baking sheet.

Bake at 400° for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!


NOTE: The bottoms of asparagus are tough and yucky. You only want the tops. An easy way to decide where to trim? Take on stalk and, holding both ends, snap it in two. Use that stalk as a guide to cut the remaining stalks. Group them together and chop off the ends. Easy!

No comments: