Sunday, June 14, 2009

Punch lebanese - Our wedding punch

After Zac and I got engaged, I started looking around for punch recipes. I am not a huge fan of Sprite (or ginger ale or any of those) and so the standard punch recipes wouldn't do me much good. This punch was served at a friend's wedding and I got the recipe from Martha Johnson, one of the ladies from church. It's soooo yummy and makes a lot of punch. (The whole recipe makes 34 8-oz servings. Half a recipe will fill a large punchbowl.) I've considered freezing batches of it just to keep around. Mmmm...


INGREDIENTS

2 large (46 oz) cans pineapple juice
1 can frozen orange juice (prepared with 3 cans water)
8 oz real lemon juice
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp almond flavoring
8 cups water
4 cups sugar


DIRECTIONS

Mix all ingredients together and add ice. (Or serve with an ice ring)

No comments: